University of Arizona College of Medicine
The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
After reading this issue of Elder Care, you should be able to…
- Explain Medicare payment coverage for an annual wellness visit, including what patients do or do not have to pay
- Explain what is included in a Medicare annual wellness visit
- Explain how to correctly bill for services, unrelated to the annual wellness visit, that are provided during an annual wellness visit
Subscribers to POGOe are free to reprint Elder Care on their own stationery or in other publications without obtaining specific permission, so long as:
- Content is not changed,
- No one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
- Authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
- The reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program”.