University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM)
The Medication Management Module uses a team approach to reduce error and improve the quality of health care for older adults. This interdisciplinary formative assessment tool for Elder Safety can be utilized by fourth-year medical students, residents in training, practicing physicians and other medical professionals. Learners will take a pre-test, review learning objectives, exemplar and video demonstrations, have access to reference materials and links to websites for Medication Management. Physicians and other healthcare providers will be able to establish a protocol for medication management in their practice to reduce medication errors and misadventures.
1. Understand the impact of medication errors and adverse drug events
2. Be able to establish an evidence based standardized protocol for medication reconciliation
3. Access evidence based resources and methods for medication management
4. Learn the components of a comprehensive medication history
5. Comprehend the necessity for a standaarized protocol for medication reconciliation
6. Geriatric specialists provide a Medication Management focus on three target areas: Pain Management, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular
To access the material, go to the Learning Center at https://www.ilearn.nbome.org to access the Elder Safety Modules:
- Select your learning activity (Medication Management) and addit to your cart.
- In the cart, click Proceed to Checkout. this will prompt you to either create a new account or login to your exisitng one.
- Create your free account by entering the required information.
- Once completed you will be directed back to the catalog to complete your course registration.
- There is No Charge for viewing the Advance Care Plan Module.