University of Arizona College of Medicine
Statin Therapy for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in Older Adults is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
- Know the age upper age limit for use of the AHA/ACC 10-year cardiovascular risk calculator
- Avoid prescribing statins that may cross react with other medications
- Take appropriate action if a patient is thought to have statin-induced cognitive changes
Subscribers to POGOe are free to reprint Elder Care on their own stationery or in other publications without obtaining specific permission, so long as:
- Content is not changed,
- No one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
- Authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
- The reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program”.