University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
If one of your weaknesses is a brief comprehensive peripheral nerve examination and you encounter patients with peripheral neuropathy then this is the module for you. This product is a self-directed interactive web-based module. It will tune up your anatomy skills (including the brachial plexus and lumbo-sacral plexus) and is presented within a clinical framework. It includes key aspects of history-taking, a step-wise clinical exam, etiologies, evaluation, management, a quiz, references and even the Texas Plexus Game to test your new skills. It emphasizes a “how-to” approach. It may be used by a wide range of learners including medical students, residents from internal medicine, and family practice, advanced nurse practitioners, physician assistants and geriatric medicine fellows.
- Review the anatomy of the peripheral nervous system
- Take a focused history from a patient with peripheral neuropathy
- Perform a concise examination of the patient’s peripheral nervous system
- Outline the most common etiologies and develop an effective work up and evaluation strategy
- Provide a practical treatment plan that includes optimizing physical function