University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
This product is an interactive web-based module on delirium. Delirium is presented within a systems-based practice framework. The module focuses on recognition, management and prevention of delirium. Users follow a patient from admission to discharge. It emphasizes “how-to” clinical skills including performing Mini-Cog and CAM on patients. It includes a multiple choice questionnaire and a certificate of completion for the learner’s portfolio. It may be used by a wide range of learners including medical students and residents from internal medicine, family practice, and surgical subspecialties.
- Review the clinical significance of delirium
- Outline an evidence-based clinical approach to the confused patient in the hospital
- Outline an effective work-up based on known and most likely etiologies
- Educate learners on clinical tools such as the CAM and the Min-Cog
- Address delirium within a systems-based framework
- Provide risk assessment and illustrate how to prevent delirium
Self-directed internet -based learning module. Module has audio so speakers or headphones are required.