Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Restless Legs Syndrome
for Clinical Accuracy:
Restless Legs Syndrome is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
1. State the criteria for diagnosing restless legs syndrome (RLS)
2. Identify secondary causes of RLS
3. Recommend non-drug and first-line drug therapy for patients with RLS
Additional information/Special implementation requirements or guidelines:
Subscribers to POGOe are free to reprint Elder Care on their own stationery or in other publications without obtaining specific permission, so long as
(1) content is not changed,
(2) no one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
(3) authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
(4) the reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatric Education Center."
Intended learner audience:
Estimated time to complete:
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No, I (we) have nothing to disclose.
Already Expired Email Date:
Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 12:38am
Expires 6mos Email Date:
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 - 2:57pm
Expires 3mos Email Date:
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 - 2:58pm
Dr. Darlene Moyer and Dr. Javier Zayas-Bazan. Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Restless Legs Syndrome. POGOe - Portal of Geriatrics Online Education; 2018 Available from: https://pogoe.org/productid/20691