University of Arizona College of Medicine
Pressure Ulcers in Older Adults is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
- Define the four stages of pressure ulcers
- Select a dressing based on the stage of a pressure ulcer
- State the indications for obtaining cultures of and antibiotic therapy for pressure ulcers
(1) content is not changed,
(2) no one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
(3) authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
(4) the reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatric Education Center."