University of Arizona College of Medicine
Frontotemporal Dementia is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
- List differences between the presentation of frontotemporal dementia and presentation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Identify the most common behavioral changes seen in patients with frontotemporal dementia
- State the common abnormal findings on brain imaging in patients with frontotemporal dementia
(1) content is not changed,
(2) no one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
(3) authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
(4) the reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatric Education Center."