Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Don't Forget Dementia
for Clinical Accuracy:
"Don't Forget Dementia" is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
1. Identify the symptoms that constitute a diagnosis of dementia
2. List brief screening tests for dementia and identify those with the highest predictive value
3. List laboratory/imaging tests that should be ordered when evaluating a patient for dementia
Additional information/Special implementation requirements or guidelines:
Subscribers to POGOe are free to reprint Elder Care on their own stationery or in other publications without obtaining specific permission, so long as
(1) content is not changed,
(2) no one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
(3) authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
(4) the reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatric Education Center."
Intended learner audience:
Estimated time to complete:
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No, I (we) have nothing to disclose.
Dr. Barry Weiss. Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Don't Forget Dementia. POGOe - Portal of Geriatrics Online Education; 2017 Available from: https://pogoe.org/productid/20377