Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Heart Failure-Treatment
for Clinical Accuracy:
"Heart Failure-Treatment" is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings. This provider sheet has a companion product--"Heart Failure-Diagnosis."
1. Correctly assess renal function in older adults prior to starting medications that are cleared by or which can affect the kidneys
2. State the optimal approach to dosing regimens for heart failure medications
3. State the general indications for an automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator
Additional information/Special implementation requirements or guidelines:
Subscribers to POGOe are free to reprint Elder Care on their own stationery or in other publications without obtaining specific permission, so long as
(1) content is not changed,
(2) no one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
(3) authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
(4) the reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatric Education Center."
Intended learner audience:
Estimated time to complete:
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
Yes, I (we) have conflict of interest to disclose.
Dr. Beth Malasky. Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Heart Failure-Treatment. POGOe - Portal of Geriatrics Online Education; 2009 Available from: https://pogoe.org/productid/20370