Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Erectile Dysfunction in the Older Patient
for Clinical Accuracy:
"Erectile Dysfunction in the Older Patient" is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
1. List medications that are commonly associated with erectile dysfunction
2. State the general contraindication in the use of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors for treatment of erectile dysfunction
3. Identify treatments, other than oral medications, that can be successfully used for treatment of erectile dysfunction
Additional information/Special implementation requirements or guidelines:
Subscribers to POGOe are free to reprint Elder Care on their own stationery or in other publications without obtaining specific permission, so long as
(1) content is not changed,
(2) no one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
(3) authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
(4) the reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatric Education Center."
Intended learner audience:
Estimated time to complete:
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No, I (we) have nothing to disclose.
Already Expired Email Date:
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 - 3:33pm
Already Expired Email 1 month date:
Monday, September 21, 2020 - 11:15am
Dr. Barry Weiss. Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Erectile Dysfunction in the Older Patient. POGOe - Portal of Geriatrics Online Education; 2009 Available from: https://pogoe.org/productid/20211