University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
This is an online educational tool for understanding concepts regarding homeostenosis and homeostasis in aging humans. Works best in Internet Explorer.
The learner will be able to:
- Recognize the balance of homeostasis and homeostenosis in older patients;
- Be familiar with homeostenosis truisms;
- Understand the changing interpretations of homeostenosis and aging;
- Be able to present evidence for new interpretations of homeostenosis; and
- Be able to describe at least two examples of where a disease state common to older patients can present uncommonly, and why.
Online, computer-based resource requires use of Adobe Flash reader.